A nice, affordable replica of a 19th century Prussian light cavalry officer's sabre, also known as a lion's head sabre due to the pommel's unique design.
Hand-forged from quality high carbon steel, the blade is gently bent and unsharpened. The blade's whole tang is screwed to the pommel, and the blunt edge is around 1 mm thick.
A grip with pommel cap and a combined crossguard and knuckle-bow make up the hilt. The pommel is shaped like the head of a lion. The lion's mouth's simple stirrup-shaped knuckle-bow flows easily into a straight quillon with a down-curving, teardrop-shaped terminal. The grip's core is composed of wood, with leather and brass wire wrapped around it. Brass is used for the bow, the lionshead-shaped cap, and the guard.
A matching sheet steel scabbard with two carrying bands and articulated carrying rings is included with the cavalry sabre.
This Prussian sabre with lion's head pommel is not a battle ready weapon but a very decorative collector's piece. And besides its quality as a collectible, it is also perfectly suited as a prop, i.a. for theatre performances.
- high carbon steel blade (not stainless), brass hilt with leather-covered and wire-wrapped wooden handle
- Overall length: approx. 107 cm
- Blade length: approx. 92 cm
- Max. blade width: approx. 3 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 3 mm
- Cutting edge: approx. 1 mm
- Hilt length: approx. 15 cm (grip approx. 10 cm)
- Incl. metal scabbard with carrying rings
- Weight without scabbard: approx. 1 kg
- Weight with scabbard: approx. 1.8 kg
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
The steel used here is not rust-proof and might show slight surface tarnishing in places. We recommend you to maintain the blade and the scabbard on a regular basis, for example using Ballistol Universal Oil, which is ideally suited for steel care.
|Material||high carbon steel blade (not stainless), brass hilt with leather-covered and wire-wrapped wooden handle|
|Scabbard||Incl. metal scabbard with carrying rings|
|Blade Size||92 cm|
- Stock: Shipping: 1-2 Weeks
- Model: 91900
- Weight: 2.20kg