With a relatively light blade constructed of folded K120C steel and striking koshirae, Hanwei's Orchid Wakizashi by Paul Chen is as swift as it is beautiful. The hamon is prominent, and there are distinct layers in the hada. A medium-length kissaki is featured on this Samurai sword.
The tsuka is made of high-quality same (ray skin), while the tsuka-ito and sageo are made of premium Japanese cotton. The flower and butterfly designs are inlaid in silver, brass, and copper on the blackened iron tsuba.
With buffalo horn koiguchi and kurikata, the saya is richly lacquered in blue. The fuchi, kashira, and kojiri are made of bronzed iron and include silver and gold accents. The habaki is made of a single piece of brass.
To complete your collection, the Orchid Katana and Orchid Tanto are also available.
- Hand-forged and folded steel blade
- Differentially heat-treated
- Traditional construction
- Blade material: K120C powder steel
- Overall length: approx. 66.7 cm
- Blade length: approx. 47.6 cm
- Handle length: approx. 16.5 cm
- Weight: approx. 563 g
- Point of balance: approx. 10.2 cm from the guard
- Blade width at guard: approx. 2.6 cm
- Blade width at tip: approx. 1.7 cm
- Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6 mm
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 4 mm
- Sori: approx. 1.2 cm
|Material||K120C powder steel|
|Blade Size||47.6 cm|
- Stock: Shipping: 1-2 Weeks
- Model: 91925
- Weight: 1.00kg