This "Tsuru" Edged Katana is perfect for beginners in cutting tatami omote and bamboo.
Sharp Katana 1060 from the Bushiden brand has been designed for Katas, one-handed and two-handed cutting. 1060 Bo-hi blade (0.60% carbon).
- Nagasa (Blade length from hilt): ~ 72.5 cm / 28.54 inch.
- Sori (Curvature): about 1.7 cm / 0.66 inch.
- Moto-Kasane (Thickness at the base): about 7 mm.
- Saki-Kasane (Thickness of the tip): about 4 mm.
- Saki-Haba (Width at the tip): about 20 mm.
- Moto-Haba (Width at the base): about 30 mm.
- Balance point (measured from Habaki): ~ 14 cm.
- Fuchi-Kashira (Pommel): Worked with Crane (Tsuru).
- Tsuba (guard): in iron representing Crane wings (tsuru)
- Tsuka (Handle): Wood, suitable for tang. Length 26.5cm
- Tsuka-ito (Fabric around handle): Black Cotton.
- Same: Real ray skin, white.
- 2 Menuki: Brass.
- Habaki: Brass. Made in 1 piece.
- Seppa: Brass.
- 2 Mekugi: Bamboo wood, Assembly according to traditional methods. The 2 mekugi-ana are pierced diagonally and conically in the tang. The mekugi are fixed in opposite ways on each side.
- Saya (Scabbard): Selected white wood, black grained. Curved according to the Sori of the blade. Saya with kurikata
- Sageo: Black Cotton
- Weight: 1000g without Saya, 1230g with Saya
Delivered in a cover
|Material||1060 Bo-hi (0.60% carbon)|
|Blade Size||72.5 cms|
- Stock: Not available (RESERVE)
- Model: 901071
- Weight: 1.50kg