Battodo is in Japan, a discipline in its own right. This Japanese martial art has a goal of drawing then cutting, this complementary discipline is essential to Iaido, Kendo, Kenjitsu. each batto-do technique is inspired by a katana duel between people of the same technical level. The Katas are primarily based on a practice in pairs and alone in the mind. It is important to know your sword and the techniques before moving on to the actual cut because one-handed cuts are the most difficult.
Katana Battodo Edition from the Bushiden brand has been designed for Katas, one-handed and two-handed cutting.
High carbon (1.00%) T10 blade with genuine Hamon.
- Nagasa (Blade length from Habaki): ~ 72 cm / 28 inch.
- Sori (Curvature): about 1.6 cm / 0.6 inch.
- Moto-Kasane (Thickness at the base): about 7.5 mm.
- Saki-Kasane (Thickness of the tip): about 4.2 mm.
- Saki-Haba (Width at tip): about 23 mm.
- Moto-Haba (Width at the base): about 32 mm.
- Balance point (measured from Habaki): ~ 12 cm.
- Tsuba (guard): iron
- Fuchi-Kashira (Knob): Worked brass
- Tsuka (Handle): Wood, suitable for tang. Length 27cm
- Tsuka-ito (Cloth around handle): Brown cotton.
- Same: Real ray skin, white.
- 2 Menuki: Brass.
- Habaki: Brass. Made in 1 piece.
- Seppa: Brass.
- 2 Mekugi: Bamboo wood, Assembly according to traditional methods.
- The 2 mekugi-ana are pierced diagonally and conically in the tang. The mekugi are fixed in opposite ways on each side.
- Saya (Scabbard): Selected white wood grained black.
- Curved according to the Sori of the blade. Saya with kurikata.
- Sageo: Brown Silk
- Weight: 950 grams without Saya and 1130 grams with Saya
- Delivered in a protective cover.
|Material||T10 high carbon (1.00%)|
|Blade Size||72 cms|
- Stock: DISCONTINUED
- Model: OUT-901069
- Weight: 1.50kg