Iaito Sensu Lato (蜻蛉) 75 cm light steel 859 gr. The 75cm blade is ideal for practitioners from 175cm to 180cm.
Bushiden iaitos are swords designed specifically for the practice of Iaido. They have been developed with the collaboration of teachers and practitioners of Iaido and Aikido. Particular attention has been paid to the weight (850 to 890 g) and the point of balance (13 to 15 cm from the tsuba). The result is a light and well-balanced iaito, it is available in 3 lengths (73cm 75cm 77cm). Comfort is neat with ito cotton braiding on the tsuka.
The Bushiden iaito are also suitable for the practice of Kendo no Kata
The kata (also called kendo no kata or nihon kendo kata) are a synthesis of different ancient schools. Created in 1912 by a committee of experts, they consist of ten codified combat sequences between two partners. They are practiced with wooden or metal swords. Each of the partners has a very specific role: uchidachi is the initiator of the fight, he is the aggressor, while shidachi is the one who responds to the aggression and wins the fight.
An iaitō (居合刀) is a Japanese training sword (not sharp), which imitates the katana and allows the study of Iaido, aikido and ninjutsu.
- Non-sharp 1050 Carbon steel blade
- Nagasa (Tsuba-tip blade length): ~ 75 cm
- Sori (Curvature): about 1.80 cm
- Moto-Kasane (Thickness at the base): about 8 mm.
- Saki-Kasane (Thickness of the tip): about 4.2 mm.
- Saki-Haba (Width at the tip): about 21 mm.
- Moto-Haba (Width at the base): about 32 mm.
- Point of balance (measured from the Tsuba): ~ 13.3 cm.
- Fuchi-Kashira: Alloy. Copper color (aged appearance).
- Tsuka (Handle): Wood, suitable for tang. Length 27.1cm
- Tsuka-ito (Fabric around handle): Ito Black cotton
- Samegawa: Genuine ray skin, natural color.
- 2 Menuki: Brass with black surface coating. One on each side, mounted in the traditional way.
- Habaki: Brass. Made in 1 piece.
- Seppa: Brass small teeth
- 2 Mekugi: Bamboo wood, Assembly according to traditional methods.
- Tsuba (Guard): Alloy Tsuba with Mokko-gata shape, symbolic with two dragonflies.
- Saya (Scabbard): Selected wood. Curved according to the Sori of the blade. Saya with kurikata and 2 shitodome.
- Kurikata: 9.1cm from the Koiguchi
- Sageo: Ito Black Cotton.
- Weight: 858 gr (without Saya) - 1051 gr (with Saya)
- Protective cover Included
|Material||1050 carbon steel|
|Blade Size||75 cms|
- Stock: Shipping: 1-2 Weeks
- Model: 901067
- Weight: 1.20kg