Iaito 龍 (Ryū) with Light Steel blade 840 gr. The 69 cm blade (from the guard to the tip) is ideal for practitioners from 160cm to 165cm.
The iaitos of the BUSHIDEN brand are swords designed specifically for the practice of Iaido. They have been developed with the collaboration of teachers and practitioners of Iaido and Aikido. Particular attention has been paid to the weight (840 to 880 g) and the point of balance (13 to 15 cm from the tsuba).
The result is a light and well balanced iaito, it is available in 5 lengths (69, 71, 73, 75, 77 cm). Comfort is neat with ito cotton braiding on the tsuka.
The Bushiden iaito are also suitable for the practice of Kendo no Kata
The kata (also called kendo no kata or nihon kendo kata) are a synthesis of different ancient schools. Created in 1912 by a committee of experts, they consist of ten codified combat sequences between two partners. They are practiced with wooden or metal swords. Each of the partners has a very specific role: uchidachi is the initiator of the fight, he is the aggressor, while shidachi is the one who responds to the aggression and wins the fight.
An iaitō (居合刀) is a Japanese training sword (not sharp), which imitates the katana and allows the study of Iaido, aikido and ninjutsu.
- 1050 Carbon Steel Blade
- Nagasa (Tsuba-tip blade length): ~ 69 cm
- Sori (Curvature): about 1.60 cm
- Moto-Kasane (Thickness at the base): about 8.1 mm.
- Saki-Kasane (Thickness of the tip): about 4.3 mm.
- Saki-Haba (Width at tip): about 20.9 mm.
- Moto-Haba (Width at the base): about 31.5 mm.
- Point of balance (measured from the Tsuba): ~ 13.9 cm.
- Fuchi-Kashira: Alloy. Black color (by oxidation). Black color.
- Tsuka (Handle): Wood, suitable for tang. Length 25.6cm
- Tsuka-ito (Fabric around handle): Ito Black cotton
- Samegawa: Real ray skin, white.
- 2 Menuki: Brass with black surface coating. One on each side, mounted in the traditional way.
- Habaki: Brass. Made in 1 piece.
- Seppa: Brass.
- 2 Mekugi: Bamboo wood, Assembly according to traditional methods. The mekugi are fixed in opposite ways on each side.
- Tsuba (Guard): Alloy Tsuba with "Ryu" Dragon pattern.
- Saya (Scabbard): Selected wood. Curved according to the Sori of the blade.
- Kurikata: 8.8 cm from the Koiguchi
- Sageo: Ito Black Cotton.
- Weight: 838 gr (without Saya) - 1041 gr (with Saya)
|Material||1050 carbon steel|
|Blade Size||69 cms|
- Stock: Shipping: 1-2 Weeks
- Model: 901066
- Weight: 1.20kg