Earl Drinking Horn is a drinking vessel designed to hold half a liter of your finest vintage wine. This genuine horn comes from the Indian water buffalo, and was chosen specifically for its dark colouring. The outside is polished to perfection and the lip of the horn is plated with a tasteful smooth metal band. The inside of the horn is treated for food consumption and longevity using a wax coating.
Enjoy cool and room temperature liquids in your drinking horn while remaining in character, hiding away the unsightly plastic bottles. Our drinking horns are a great addition to feasts and long, stoic war meetings. Use it like any other cup (remember to drink with the point of the horn rotated to the left or right...you’ll thank us) and keep it from spilling by resting it in a leather frog on your belt or in a horn stand. With the proper care, you can expect your Earl Drinking Horn to last many long years.
- Ancient Greeks and Romans were known to use drinking horns
- The ancient Greek term for a drinking horn was simply keras, which means ‘horn’
- Drinking horns were used for ritual and ceremony purposes throughout the Middle Ages
- Most Viking Age drinking horns were likely made from domestic cattle, while some might have been larger and made from an auroch
- Stock: Shipping: 2-3 Weeks
- Model: 92481
- Weight: 1.00kg