A battle-ready reproduction of a late medieval bascinet helmet with a hinged visor from the 14th century. The bascinet evolved from the cervelliere in the early 14th century and was typically worn with a chain mail blouse.
Our reconstruction includes drilled brass buttons at the bottom to which an aventail can be readily added. A beautifully manufactured 2 mm steel visor is also included with the helmet.
Hand-hammered from 2 mm thick sheet steel, both helmet sections are carefully soldered together and polished. The helmet has a high-quality, adjustable cushioned liner welded into it.
This helmet is suitable for re-enacting combat.
- Size: up to 62 cm head circumference
- Long distance (back to front): approx. 22 cm
- Short distance (ear to ear): approx. 20 cm
- Finish: untreated (slightly oiled)
- Weight: approx. 3.4 kg
- Stock: 1
- Model: 911116
- Weight: 3.70kg
- Dimensions: 30.00cm x 30.00cm x 35.00cm
- SKU: MA-911116